The West Bengal Panchayat Act, 1973
1. (1) This Act may be called the West Bengal Panchayat Act, 1973.
(2) It extends to the whole of West Bengal, except the areas to which the
(a) the Cantonments Act, 1924,
(b) the Howrah Municipal Corporation Act, 1980,
(c) the 3
[Kolkata] Municipal Corporation Act, 1980,
(d) the Siliguri Municipal Corporation Act, 1990,
(e) the Asansol Municipal Corporation Act, 1990,
(f) the Chandannagar Municipal Corporation Act, 1990,
(g) the West Bengal Municipal Act, 1993,
(h) the Durgapur Municipal Corporation Act, 1994, or any parts or
modifications thereof apply or may hereafter be applied.
(3) This section shall come into force at once; the remaining sections shall come
into force on such date or dates and in such area or areas as the Stale
The Government may, by notification, appoint and different dates may be appointed
for different sections and for different areas.
2. In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context—
(1) “auditor” means an auditor appointed under section 186 and includes any
an officer authorized by him to perform all or any of the functions of an auditor under
(2) “Block” means an area referred to in section 93;
You everything from pdf.link alrady given above you can check. tahnk you